Additional Privacy Information For California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
A. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Contact Information (such as name, phone number, address, email address);
- Login Information (such as your account name and password);
- Financial and commercial Information (such as transactions history and insurance information if you use insurance to purchase a product);
- Demographic information (such as your gender and age)
- Professional or Employment Information (such as the name and address of the company you work for in connection with insurance requests);
- Geolocation Information (such as your precise or approximate location as determined though data like GPS or IP address);
- Device and Online Information (such as mobile device content, IP address, browsing history, and usage information);
B. How we use and share these categories of personal information
We use the above categories of personal information for the business and operational purposes of us and our service providers in accordance with the CCPA. See the “Information We Collect” and “How We Use Your Information,” and “How We Share Information” sections above for more information.
The CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. We do not engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months from the effective date of this Policy.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal information we hold about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
The CCPA further provides you with the right not to be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. In doing so, we may ask you for verification information so that we can match at least two verification points with information we maintain in our files about you. If we are unable to verify you through this method, we shall have the right, but not the obligation, to request additional information from you. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law or would like to exercise any of them, or if you are an authorized agent making a request on a California consumer’s behalf, please contact us at [email protected] or by using our contact form located here.
Shine the Light Disclosure:The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.